Thursday 27 October 2011

Scenic 5k

Please join me in a 5km run / walk from my house.


It is 400 metres to Raumati South Beach. When you get there have a look over to Kapiti Island.



Now we head south towards Paekakariki.




There's a short uphill leaving the beach to the Esplanade.




When we get to Queen Elizabeth Park we enter the park and turn left uphill.




We have a choice of 2 tracks but because we are on a short course today we will continue up to the left.




After that climb we now have a short downhill as we head home.




We're keeping good time so we can stop to greet some of the locals before heading out of the park.





There are some lovely blossoms out being early spring





and some lush greenery.





Now you are just about there...just one more km to go. Keep going!

You've made it safely back! Well done!



9 comments:

Lea said...

This is a great post! Loved reading this one :-). Next time you can take us along on one of your longer runs...

LatteJunkie said...

Wow! I am very jealous of your house's position. I would love to live on the Kapiti coast.

Thanks for the virtual jog :)

blackhuff said...

You sure have some beautiful scenery where you live for walking/running purposes. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sarah said...

might just join you in a run one day Paul :) meet you at the beach?!

Ellie said...

Phew I feel better for that - much more invigorated. Thank you. lol.
You live in a beautiful place the scenery is lovely. Thanks for taking me along.

john bain said...

There was a time when I was a long distance runner, but not any more sadly. Think I'll just stroll around if that's OK.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow I am sure with those magnificent views I would be hard pressed to stay in my house at all. Thanks for taking us along. B

Kevin Read said...

Thanks for the run. We did pretty good I think! Love Queen Elizabeth Park. I see what you mean about all the rain. You definitely need some sunshine. We will try to send some your way, without losing ours.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Julia said...

I am so envious of this scenic run of yours. If I lived in your neck of the woods I would most certainly do this run every single day. Wow.