Thursday 6 October 2011

Time for Celebration

Though a tiring week and term I have had cause for celebration.

Recent reading testing has shown remarkable improvement in the children in my class. I am absolutely convinced that the outstanding and unbelievable improvement is in no small part down to my Glossary programme as described in my blog titled Word Power. Makes all the long hours, weekends and frustrations worth it. I'm so proud of my efforts with them and their achievements.

The other celebration is closer to home. Tonight the family proudly supported our youngest girl as she received from the Mayor, Jenny Rowan a Civic College Community Award at Southwards. Kapiti College nominated her for her services to College Sport in Triathlon, Swimming and Running. The older sister had also won the award two years earlier and she was there tonight to share in her sister's success.

2 comments:

Lea White said...

Congratulations on both accounts Paul. I have no doubt that the children's success is absolutely thanks to your dedication and passion and wow! Huge congratulations, what a great achievement for your daughter. Something she'll likely treasure for a very long time!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Congrats! Those are both so exciting, you must be so proud!