Tuesday 27 December 2011

Back to Reality

After 10 days of travelling around the South Island with few cares it was Down to Earth with a crash. Had a day of achievements but also some frustration.

After a pleasant run along the beach it was down to chores. After vacuuming, weeding the lawn and clipping the hedge I wrote the melody for my recent composition Xmas Cheer that I wrote on Christmas Day. Quite pleased with the result after some advice from my co-producer, Lea. She gave me some excellent advice about the tempo of the song.

Up to this point I was feeling self righteous and content. I should have stopped there. When I tried to put on my racing tyres and mend punctures I found myself spending 2 hours with very little to show for my time.

The tyre was reluctant to go on the rim and after a half an hour trying I discovered I pinched the tube when getting it on so it had to come back off. The tubes also didn't want to be repaired as the patches kept coming off.

Never mind I've put it behind me for another day.

Hope your day has gone better!

5 comments:

Lea said...

I think your latest song came out really nice. You added a lovely melody to the words :-).

Sorry to hear about the troubles you had with the racing tyres. I can well imagine it must be really frustrating and I think I would have given up long before 2 hours.

Ellie said...

Sounds like a good productive day right up until you worked on your tyres. Very frustrating. I would definately have given up well before you.

john bain said...

Tyred and frustrating. It's really annoying when you have aligned the wheel and tightened the nuts.Shows what a determined man you are. Happy New Year Paul.

Kevin Read said...

Hope you were able to get the tire fixed. Kevin tried to fix my bike yesterday I can't get it out of gear so I am suck in 2nd gear. I can still ride it as long as I don't have to go up anything to steep. If that is the worst of our problems then I say we are doing OK!

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Cenandra said...

Its always hard to get back to reality after a vacation. Today was my first day back to work and it was slow going. Glad most people are still off! :)

Glad Lea was able to help you.