Friday 23 December 2011

Holidays

Have been in the South Island for almost a week. I'm having a great time with my family and we are having some wonderful adventures and experiences. I have taken about 100 photos which I sadly won't be able to share with you for a few days. I will be busy when I get back to the Kapiti Coast on Monday writing up blogs on my trip with lots of great photos.

We initially flew to Christchurch and drove a rental to Timaru to celebrate Jo's mum's 80th. It was a great celebration as all Jo's 5 brothers were there.

From Timaru we drove to Lake Tekapo for a night followed by a wonderful 3 days in Queenstown. The girls and I did something real special there which was one of the most exciting things I have done. Yes, Lea you will have to wait until next week to find out!

I'm now in Dunedin catching up with my dad and sister. We took dad out for dinner last night and I am meeting him for a game of pool this afternoon.

I head back to Timaru tomorrow to spend Christmas with Jo's family before returning home.

It has been a fantastic holiday so far. I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating Christmas with family and friends.







9 comments:

Lea said...

You blogged!!! I was wondering how your holiday was going! Sounds like you are having a great time. Looking forward to hearing what you and your girls got up to (it wasn't getting matching tattoos or something was it??) ;-).

And when you are back am looking forward to getting the last of your songs so I can finish what I am working on. Have finally figured out the tricky part so am on a roll and keen to finish!

Paul said...

Hi Lea
Not matching tattoos but definitely something that will stay with us just as long. Looking forward to seeing the Fruits of your Labour when I get back and finish off what you need!

Ellie said...

Hi Paul, sounds as if you are having a real ball. Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pictures.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

john bain said...

I wondered where you had got to. Sounds like a fun time. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Lea said...

Hmmmmm, am rather curious what you and your girls got up to...

Have a lovely Christmas with the family and travel safely on Monday. Looking forward to catching up and hearing about your adventures!

Victor e suas opiniƵes said...

I can see ur family are having a lots of fun!! have a great xmas and new year :)

Becky said...

Oh I am so glad you all are having such a wonderful time with your families. Sounds like lots of special memories are being created. Safe continued travels to you!

Kevin Read said...

Glad to hear that you have been having a great time. Looking forward to finding out what you did!

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

amanda said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful blessed Christmas.