Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year Greetings

2011 has been an eventful year for me with new friendships, special times with family and sporting achievements. Here are some of the highlights with my blog links. Some of the links are to Lea's blog.

A positive life changing experience for me is what I am doing now. Lea set up my blog site in the attempt to draw in a wider audience for my music. I have really enjoyed expressing myself through my blog. I have discovered my camera and I have been having fun using photos to describe significant and day to day happenings in my life. I have loved this new found form of self expression and connecting with a small but loyal group of readers.

I was most fortunate this year to have the best class ever in all of my teaching years. I taught a year 3 class who loved sharing in my passions of running, music, math and my uniquely designed programme I call glossary. They were by a long shot the most responsive group of children I have ever worked with and I know I have made a positive difference to their lives.

I formed a special friendship with one of my students Bianca and her mum, Lea. I was priveleged to have an invite to Bianca's Harry Potter 8th Birthday Party that was skillfully and creatively organised by Lea. Lea has been extremely encouraging with my music.

I accompanied Bianca and Lea on their visit to the Oncology Department of Wellington Hospital. It was fun playing and singing songs to the children with Bianca.

I was thrilled to assist Lea in her Funrazor at Coastlands and be able to sing a song I wrote from Lea's poem called This Little Girl of Mine. I believe in partnership with Lea it is one of my best. You can check it out on this You Tube link. Click here!

I have had a successful time in my running exploits. The highlight was winning gold in my age group in the New Zealand Mountain Running Championships in Porirua in April. Our Wellington Harriers Masters 50+ team won a silver medal at the National Road Relay in Auckland. My second blog was on this event. Click here 

I have had two fantastic holiday trips away with my family to Paihia in the Bay of Islands and recently to the South Island which I am currently blogging about. Check out my latest entry here.

We have celebrated this month Jo's mum's 80th in Timaru and my dad's 80th in April before my introduction to the blogging world. To find out about my dad click here.

No doubt I have left something important out but as you can see it has been a big and important year for me.

Thank you for all your positive comments and the sharing of your experiences and reflections.

How was your 2011?

I would like to share one of my songs to wish you all a Happy New Year.  Click here to listen to Another Year's Dawning!


Another Year's Dawning

Leave alone sorry seeds we've sown
If they scatter no matter if by winds they're blown
They serve no purpose their meaning outgrown
Past sell by date if the truth be known

Chorus
Out with the old in with the new
Drink up...be merry...let's have a few
Another Year's dawning for me and you

We've had our moments....outlived them...survived
We conquered together with courage and drive
Marched on....right along...though hesitant steps
Picking up stride...promises kept

Chorus

Let's put behind us shortcomings...regrets
A positive future awaits us instead
Keeping on track no cause to look back
Life's melody sweetly renews tenderly

Chorus

Boldly look forward next days will be white
Clearing the light...bright vision in sight
Passed the test of time less steep the climb
Coldness deserted...enjoy the sunshine

Chorus

7 comments:

Lea said...

This is a really lovely song Paul. I absolutely love it!

It would seem that I kept you rather busy in 2011 :-). But it has been great having you part of my crazy ideas and I think you made a great Harry Potter at Bianca's party :-). And I really love This Little Girl of Mine. An really special touch to our Funrazor event :-)

I'm glad you started blogging because I love reading your stories and find you are really inspirational with your running, cycling, music and teaching.

LatteJunkie said...

I may not comment often enough but I do enjoy reading your blog and I am so glad Lea set you up in the blogosphere.

Have a great evening and a spectacular 2012!

Becky said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thank you for sharing such wonderful memories.

john bain said...

A nice positive song Paul. I do look back sometimes in my blog but hopefully in a positive way. Happy New Year to you and your family and friends, especially Lea and Bianca!

Cenandra said...

Keep on blogging Paul and I thank you as well for commenting on my blog!

Happy New Year!!!

Victor e suas opiniƵes said...

Nice song Mr. Paul, i still waiting the new year lol. Hope u have a great year!!!! :)

Paul said...

Hi Victor
Hope the cruise is going well and you're not sea sick. Enjoy your New Year!