Saturday 28 January 2012

Please join me on a long hill run

It was a perfect Saturday with blue skies and a wonderful opportunity to show off the places I love to run.

Today we are going up into the Maungatukutuku Hills so quite a challenge. Feel free to take a breather when required and take in the sights along the way.




First we pass through the pony club



We're heading for the hills in the distance. We'll be running along the ridge.



After 5km we have a zigzag to the Water Tower


Getting closer to the hills

Time for some hills. Prepare yourself!

Right we're in to it. Some deep breaths. Heading for the trees!

Some shade from the sun that's warming up.

This bit's a little tough so pace yourself

Ten minutes of running to the top. I know you're liking the look of the hut!


Well done for keeping on going.  You're nearly there.

You've made it to the top. Watch your footing as the grass is overgrown.


Some lovely soft pine needles to run on now.

Enjoy the lovely pines.

Take in the views of Raumati South where we started and Kapiti Island.

Best I could manage of myself at the top.


A lovely downhill section to recover from all of that uphill.


Some more lovely pines.

A quick look over Kapiti before we start our descent.


I'm sorry but we have a tiny bit more of uphill. Hang in there!


We've started our descent. Looking down towards Valley Road.


Last look over Raumati South and Kapiti Island


Nearing the bottom of Waterfall Road before SH1


You're now back on the flat.

We're over SH1 and going cross country home.


I know you're tired but not that far to go


Enjoy the soft green grass under foot


Follow the track to the trees in the distance.

You've done extremely well. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I have!

11 comments:

Lea said...

We did very well indeed, I'm not even out of breath! :-). So how long did it take us? Thanks for taking us along on your run, lovely photos!

Unknown said...

Hi Paul! That was a great idea! It did feel like I was picture traveling! No wonder you love running in that area!! Now, I have to get ready to shovel sidewalks and my car out of the snow.

:-) Marion

Becky said...

GORGEOUS run! Thanks for sharing.

Victor e suas opiniƵes said...

Beautiful pictures Mr. Paul, well done! :)

Cenandra said...

Well done Paul!!! Holy cow you ran far, hard and tough terrain! Thanks for taking me along on the ride!

Ellie said...

I didn't think I would enjoy running as much as that lol. Thank you for the tour, you have some lovely countryside there and I love the tree lined pathways. Very pretty.

Paul said...

Hi Victor
You better keep up your running so I can take you to these beautiful places!

blackhuff said...

Beautiful scenery you have while running.
Well done on the run.

Anya and Alisha said...

hello we have not for got you how can i your the best teacher in the world we miss room 1 !!! but you the most !!!!!!!! your relly nice we miss YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :{ ha ha ha good run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha :} your extremely cool! we miss you good run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alisha and anya :} said...

hi mr forster best techer ever how are you must find you at school some day. we must cach up some day and your the best techer ever so yeh miss you so much hope i see you your lovely

Paul said...

Hi Anya and Alisha
I haven't heard from you for a while. Call in to Room 1 and say Hi next week!