Sunday 19 February 2012

Saturday Sojourn

The Wellington Harriers Masters had one of their last summer runs yesterday.

The hosts were Andrew and Julie in Churton Park. Andrew took the running group and Julie the walkers. There was a large turnout probably enhanced by a sunny summer's day.




Andrew took us up in the hills where there is being developed a new sub division. Bit sad how a lot of our scenic land is lost to cater for our ever expanding population.

It was a most eventful run as we discovered unknown tracks even unknown to Andrew. This brought great amusement among the group who began to question why we hadn't brought supplies with the likelihood of not making it out alive. I didn't think my six mints would be sufficient!

After some experimental cross country manoeuvres we eventually found a way out that brought us in to familiar territory.

Both the running and walking groups enjoyed their outing and were well rewarded by ample food and beverage.



Thank you Andrew and Julie for being great hosts. We never doubted you Andrew!

3 comments:

john bain said...

I never get lost, I just don't know where I am sometimes.

Lea said...

Sounds like quite the adventure getting lost on the route. I've gotten lost quite a few times and when it happened to me it wasn't so amusing, but it is rather amusing reading your blog entry :-). Glad you made it out alive!

All About People said...

I have the utmost respect and admiration for people who have the focus to run. I find that I feel great desire to run when I read about you and Lea doing it - and I have tried it in the past Paul - but I simply don't have the patience for running.

Well done on that - and i am sure that the refreshments afterwards made it all the more rewarding!?