Thursday 26 April 2012

Celebrating Children

Have had a wonderful day working with my delightful children at school!

The children I teach are 7 years old and I love this age. Teaching for me is not so much a job but a passion. Children of this age are so responsive, giving and trusting. I am fortunate that I am in a pastoral role where I can provide emotional stability for those who may be unsettled and unsure of themselves. Children continually reach out to me to give them a sense of belonging. Some constantly require encouragement and reassurance.

With our girls becoming young ladies I am fortunate to have a job where I can pour my energies into the next generation. Hopefully I can turn some around and channel others in to a positive, rewarding and meaningful future.

Here are some more stills from early videos when our girls were learning about themselves and their world. It was fantastic to be part of that and share in the joy of youth.






The above photos are of Kate

Alice doing some fishing
Kate looking glam!

Alice with my dad



Apologies if I have repeated any photos as I have been rather absorbed lately in looking back over the early years!

3 comments:

Lea said...

It is lovely seeing the photos of your girls when they were little. Yes, the age group you are teaching is great and it is great that you are able to be there for the students who need the extra emotional support. It just shows what a wonderful teacher you are. You should feel incredibly proud!

john bain said...

I will second what Lea has said. I had one fantastic teacher Mr Hewitt when I was seven years old. I used to wish he was my Dad.

Valerie said...

I wish there had been teachers like you when I went to school. The other kids and I were in fear of ours. We got the cane if we so much as looked at them. Lovely pictures of your girls.