Thursday 19 April 2012

Few Laughs

While competing in the Mountain Champs I spent a most pleasant few days with my brother, Vincent and his partner, Dixie in Upper Moutere. Conveniently they live a mere 10 km from Mt Campbell where the race was being held.

In the evening after the race I had a few celebratory drinks with Vincent and Dixie around a lovely open fire. They both enjoy life and we had quite a few laughs. We sang some songs with Vincent and I sharing his guitar.




Next day we relaxed at Dixie's sister's house in the afternoon surrounded by stunning views.




Eddie enjoyed the open spaces and let off steam around the property.




Dixie took the opportunity of collecting some walnuts that had fallen on the ground.





Obviously I needed to get amongst the action so I got my brother to snap me with Mt Campbell in the background.




On Monday I made the trip to Picton and the Interislander Ferry back to Wellington. It was a lovely smooth sailing and I was able to take some nice shots coming in to Wellington Harbour.








I took some photos on the last leg of my journey heading back on the train looking out over to Kapiti Island as the sun was setting.










Mission accomplished! Had picked up my National Silver Medal and had a wonderful catch up with Vincent and Dixie! A great break away!

4 comments:

Lea said...

Great post Paul. Great to read about your time away. Love your photos!

Valerie said...

A pleasurable read,Paul. The photographs gave me an insight to your part of the world. Lovely.

john bain said...

I need to visit New Zealand before I get too old! Really nice post Paul.

Ellie said...

Your pictures are great Paul. That sure is some lovely scenery there and it sounds like the perfct time away from home :)