Friday 6 April 2012

To Sing and to Play

My post today is in celebration of the importance of music in my life!

From my early childhood days of learning singing and the piano music has been a vital part of my life and frankly without it I don't know where I would be today!

My mum was passionate about music and through her encouragement I found in myself my own passion.

Music has provided a release from stress and an opportunity to express myself. From the moment I started teaching myself the guitar and writing music at the age of 40 I have discovered a creative avenue to share my thoughts, feelings and experiences.

Here is one of my earliest songs that explains how significant music is to me.

Please have a listen to To Sing and to Play which I think is one of my best songs!


6 comments:

Lea said...

It is a really good song! It is obvious in this song that music is very much a part of your life!

Valerie said...

It is a very good song. I know how you feel about music, I couldn't live without it. Happy Easter.

Ellie said...

That is a good song Paul, you can tell just by watching you sing that you really love it :)
I agree music is a great stress relief. I don't sing on write it but love listening to it.

Ellie said...

Me again Paul, just came back to say thanks for your lovely comment - it is appreciated. :)
I have seen your pictures of Kapiti and I have though it does look very similar to our Arran.

forrest said...

hi mr foster. its me Forrest i hope your having a great
hollday and class at school. i you have a jolly ester bye

Paul Forster said...

Hi Forrest
Lovely to hear from you. School and holiday is going well. Hope you're getting stuck in to the reading!